I love fridays! It means the end of a crazy week and the start of a wonderful weekend! Today I am going to share with everyone my favourite homemade natural hand sanitiser. This hand sanitiser will come in handy when washing with water and soap is not available. The 50ml bottle is a good size to keep it in your bag. DISCLAIMER: Only for personal use. The formula has not been tested for efficacy on contagious viruses. Washing your hands with soap and water is THE most effective way to prevent bacteria and viral contamination.
Things you need:
• 1 spray bottle (about 50ml and you can get it at those Japanese dollar shops)
• Pure aloe vera gel
• At least 70% proof ethanol or isopropyl alcohol (alcohol is still the most effective disinfectant)
• Lavender essential oil
• Tea Tree essential oil
• Lemon essential oil
1. Add 5g of pure aloe vera gel.
2. Add 10 drops of Lavender and Tea Tree essential oil each and 5 drops of Lemon essential oil.
3. Fill the bottle with alcohol.
4. Tighten the spray dispenser to the bottle and give the bottle a thorough shake.
5. Done! Always give your bottle a shake before use. You can start using your homemade natural hand sanitiser! Shelf life is no more than 6 months.
Have a great weekend!
Note: Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Thus making it perfect for use as a natural germ disinfectant. Lemon essential oil has great cleansing properties.